The Effects of Coconut Oil Diet for Athletes
Health enthusiasts are always on the lookout for products with the most health benefits. For example, athletes have very different needs than most people because their training and sport require them to be fit and healthy all the time. Foods for athletes need to be highly nutritious for them to have enough endurance to perform their tasks.
One the most beneficial substances is coconut oil. It contains vitamins and minerals that are suitable for any kind of athlete. Coconut oil diet can be combined with high protein diets that most of these athletes take.
Energy giving coconut oil diet
Athletes need a lot of energy. It is what pushes them to go the extra mile and endure their sport. You may think that coconut oil is unhealthy because of its fat content, but this is really not the case. In fact, coconut oil contains more healthy fat than most oils. Understanding how coconut oil diet provides energy can help you plan the best diet.
Cholesterol and fat is needed by the body for several reasons:
- The body metabolizes cholesterol and breaks it down to become the energy the body needs to perform tasks.
- Fat can serve as energy reserve once your body runs out of fuel. For instance, runners and triathletes who take on long distances only have a few stops to drink water and replenish their energy during their run. When the body runs out of energy during the middle of the competition, the body makes use of its fat reserve and converts it to energy.
- The healthy kind of fat and cholesterol known as high density lipoprotein counter acts the effects of the bad cholesterol, which is responsible for building up plaque that blocks the blood vessels.
- Good cholesterol promotes healthy blood flow and balances out all cholesterol levels in the body.
Good cholesterol and healthy fat found in coconut oil benefits athletes and fitness enthusiast for the reasons stated above. This is why trainers advise athletes to incorporate the coconut oil diet into their current high protein diets.
Other coconut oil benefits for athletes:
- The antioxidants found in coconut oil promote healthy cell renewal.
– Rigorous activities and too much work out can add stress to your body. When this happens the cell tissues are easily oxidized which can cause fatigue and other health problems. The good thing about coconut oil diet is that it replenishes you cells with its high antioxidant content.
- Works as a natural anti-fungal agent
– Heat and moisture are the natural flora for fungus and bacteria. These thrive mostly in creases of the skin where sweat usually accumulates. Athlete’s foot and jock itch are fungal infections obviously named as such due to its incessant occurrence among athletes. Taking advantage of coconut oil benefits for killing fungus is one of the best reasons to add coconut oil to your diet.
- Coconut oil support healing and repair of tissues
– Athletes are under constant muscle strains and sprain. Coconut oil is can also be beneficial for them as it promotes fast healing of tissues, ligaments, wounds and other physical injuries.